P.S. The site is going through a move! My new domain is amytrieslife.com, everything is still being shifted but check it out and leave a heart :))
------
Honestly, I truly thought crazy exes only existed in Hollywood and sad breakup songs, well, as a part of amy tries life, Amy Tries Exes!
I like peace a lot. Really, I try and hang out with peace as much as I can. But no matter how much I stay to myself, my ex keeps showing up where he knows I'll be, waiting for me outside my door, messaging everyone in my life, and then most recently, posting my private pictures online.
However, I do not write about these things often because simply he's not poetic enough to write about. In fact, that real focus of this post is my kickass best friend, willow. Willow and I have been best friends since 11, we both moved away from New Zealand, but boy are we still very much in touch. Both of our phones got taken away this year, so we talk through a google doc titled "STEM coursework: Gene mutation treatment". I wrote to her this evening, talking about having to hear from my dad that he saw the things my former boyfriend put online about me, private pictures, messages saying he misses me, and that was my first time hearing about any of it.
My dad was very empathetic to the situation, and he was sorry for this happening to me at 16. But my best friend was immediately on it, she found the posts, and confirmed my worst fears that it was indeed private photos he posted. She was more upset than me. I told her not to message him, and that he just wants attention, and we settling on just trying to report it when she said:
Ngl I wanna comment on his post, like I'm holding back from saying something like “ooo who would have thought you’d be such a crazy ex?”
to which I said...
YES BRO THAT'S ACTUALLY GENIUS
We then cooked up some ideas, and both of us couldn't wait for her to get her phone later that night, so she could obliterate this boy. Now does this make the situation any better? Nope, most likely will not diffuse it. Will he stop? Nope. But in that moment, I realised that we don't just have to put up with this utter bullshit from boys. All my friends have seen these photos of me, heard things about me, and I am resigned to stay silent as to not "make him more angry" as if that's my worry. My friend willow rocks, it's not really about the comments, it's about how absolutely awesome my friend is, to stand up for me, to speak when I can't.
And boy will she speak some nasty stuff ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment